Monday, January 24, 2011

in the moment...

in the moment...
great in theory but hard to actually accomplish.  I'm thinking alot about what it means to live in the moment.  I guess in basics its noticing and enjoying where you are - which means you are not wishing to be elsewhere or thinking of the past or future.  How hard is it when you don't want to forget those people and things that mean the most to you.
 I'm a natural planner... I LOVE to plan everything (not as good at following through on that plan)  and because I like to plan, it is really hard to stop planning for the future and just live in today.  So I'm making a effort to... notice a smile - especially when its mine.  Enjoy the little things - coffee, a good magazine, my kids laughing and take a deep breath as often as necessary and look around at the good things and moments in my life.
Being happy (or trying to) doesn't have to take away from all I've left behind - it doesn't dishonor my feelings for those things... instead it's a choice to be happy and make the most of all moments - even these hard ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment