Wednesday, February 2, 2011

momma drama...

for the last 12 1/2 years my primary job has been to care for 2 little pieces of me

This week marks the start of another school year and my kids are growing up so fast.   The oldest is off at "high school" grade 7-12 here in Australia.  I'm so proud of the way both kids handled this crazy week.  They really both just took it in stride and dealt with the changes in a very brave way.  The oldest navigating a new "bigger" school, in every sense of the word, with confidence and the best laid back attitude and my youngest switching gears and dealing with my mistake with as much grace and bravery you could ask of an 8 year old.    You see... I had the dates wrong and he had to go from having another week off to having to start... school....today...in 15 minutes.  Of course there was a melt down and a bribe involved... but the fact that he dealt with it in a matter of minutes and moved on makes me so proud.

It took me a little longer to shake it off... all day really...after all it was my mistake and I'm the one ultimatly responsible for their happiness - right?  Actually I've been realizing that even though I would move mountains to make them happy and well adjusted - the thing is they are now old enough to start deciding who they are going to be in those big testing moments.  I have no idea what went through his mind when he realized we were starting school ... TODAY!  The most amazing part is that he didn't blame me at all - I never heard "this is your fault" and believe me I was beating myself up.
We are all growing up -
thank you justis and zakk for teaching me how to be your mom... I'm very proud of you
        

No comments:

Post a Comment