Wednesday, March 2, 2011

sweet life...

I've found macaroons, almond tarts, and all manner of cakes in Australia!  The cafe culture of my little town of Bowral is LOVELY!  I  am absolutley on board with the Australian notion that coffee should be served espresso style with cake... for brekkie (breakfast).
There is no such thing as drip coffee in Australia.  If you get a coffee in Australia it will be espresso... flat white...long black...cappachino... latte!  There are about 300 places in which to get coffee within the 3 little towns close to my home.  I love ordering a Cap and getting it with something sweet!  I'm addicted!

In order to feel like I've accomplished something in my day - I've been playing with some new recipes.  I've even attempted to make those fab little macaroons.  They are tricky so I now understand why they are $3.00 EACH.

my first attempt ended up looking like this-
Chao!

No comments:

Post a Comment